Thursday, October 20, 2005

We worked on the puppets some more. I have to remind myself to stop missing class due to oversleeping - but the alarm (that didn't go off on Tues) has been fixed. So this shouldn't be happening anymore. Anyways, we were working on the bird puppets. Actually I spent about the first hour and half to figure out some more of the script and write it down (again, not very successful). Farrell worked on the mother bird and got some pretty good mechanics going on there, with the bird beak and the movement for the eyes using wires. On the latter half of the class period I worked on getting the bird son's body molded and plastered. Unfortunately I forgot to bring a camera to class, so currently I have no pictures to show. Arturo also suggested that we not actually show the mother bird regurgitating her food, but rather have her mouth move and the children birds catch the food in their mouth. And use sound to emphasize her actions. I think sound would be very necessary and would also help facilitate the scenes.

But with the script I think maybe some of us need to get together or correspond via e-mail and get a script going. We were reminded again of the 4 or so weeks left till the final showing. I was wondering if maybe for some of the script we could use a narrative voiceover to cover some of the actions. Hopefully I can get some more written this weekend.

No comments: